Baghdad – INA
The Iraqi News Agency has published the most prominent statement by Supreme Leader Ali al-Sistani during a meeting with Iranian President Hassan Rowhani on Wednesday.
The following are the highlights of these points:
- We welcome any step towards strengthening Iraq's relations with its neighbors according to the interests of both parties and on the basis of respecting the sovereignty of states and non-interference in their internal affairs.
- The heroic Iraqis made sacrifices in the fateful war and the victory over organizing the calling of the terrorist and keeping the danger away from the whole region.
- The most important challenges facing Iraq are combating corruption, improving public services and limiting the arms of the state and its security apparatuses.
- We hope that the Iraqi government will make acceptable progress in these areas.
- Regional and international policies in this sensitive region must be balanced and moderate in order to avoid further tragedies and damage to their peoples.
PM Adel Abdul-Mahdi received in his official office the Qatari Minister of Commerce and Industry Ali bin Ahmed Al-Kurai and his accompanying delegation.